Matthew Perry, best known for his role as Chandler Bing on the hit television show Friends, has passed away. His official death certificate was recently made available online. Perry was found dead in his home’s hot tub and appeared to have drowned. No illegal drugs were found at the scene, but prescription medication stored in a storage room was present in the house.
Perry’s death has sparked many theories about the exact cause, as he had struggled with addiction in the past. Despite spending over $7 million on his recovery, he faced challenges in maintaining sobriety. However, he used his own experiences to help others in similar situations.
TMZ originally reported Perry’s death, stating that first responders were called to his property for cardiac arrest. Perry was an avid player of pickleball, a combination of badminton, ping-pong, and tennis, and his pickleball partner noted that he played the game daily before his death.
According to Captain Erik Scott of the LAFD, Perry’s assistant found him with his head underwater when she returned home. The official death certificate confirms that the cause of death is still being determined. Perry’s toxicology report is currently being processed and will not be available for several weeks. Preliminary testing showed no fentanyl or meth in his system, but further testing is needed to rule out other drugs.
Before his death, Perry was sober and had shown a desire to change his ways. In his autobiography, published in 2022, he candidly discussed his battles with addiction. Friends and fans will miss Perry dearly and remember him fondly for the memories he created.
Please note that this is just a summary of the article.