Innovative storage solutions are necessary to maximize the amount of space available and maintain a neat home or workplace.
Whatever the area, be it your house, business, or any other, intelligent storage options can have a significant impact.
When there is not enough room in the kitchen, cooking can be challenging and unorganized, which typically results in a cluttered and useless workstation.
However, what about the cabinets over the refrigerator?
Use the small drawers above the refrigerator to get at an often overlooked but helpful organizational item. These hidden spaces could aid in maintaining order, clearing clutter, and making the most of the amount of storage in your kitchen. We’ll look at several methods for making these cabinets as useful as possible and provide examples of practical uses for them.
Storing Appliances You Rarely Use in That Space Above the Refrigerator
The cabinets above the refrigerator are primarily used in the kitchen to hold small appliances that aren’t used frequently. Here are a couple such examples:
- Food Processor: If you just seldom use your food processor for chopping or slicing, this cabinet is perfect for you.
- Blender: Store your blender somewhere handy but out of the way for those infrequent smoothie cravings.
- Waffle Maker: Appliances that are used less frequently but are nevertheless essential when needed, like waffle makers, go in this cabinet.
Bins or Baskets
Consider using bins or baskets to help with cupboard organization. The following things can be arranged in this way
- Baking Supplies: Sort utensils such as pastry brushes, rolling pins, and measuring cups into designated bins.
- Canned Goods: Use see-through plastic containers to arrange canned foods like sauces, soups, and veggies.
- Cookware Accessories: Put trivets, oven mitts, and pot holders in a basket for easy access.
Maximize Vertical Space
Leverage vertical space by adding extra shelves or adjustable racks. Here are examples of what you can store:
- Cookbooks: Cookbooks can be arranged vertically to conserve room and showcase your collection.
- Spices: Your spice jars will look great on tiny shelves, so you may make a small spice rack in the cabinets above the refrigerator.
- Glassware: Place wine glasses or other glassware that isn’t used often vertically on the shelves.
Storing Bulk Items and Kitchen Linens
Kitchen linens and bulk items can be conveniently stored in the cupboards above the refrigerator. Here’s how to make use of this area:
- Bulk Staples: To keep extra pantry basics fresh and readily available, store them in airtight containers such as rice, flour, or sugar.
- Paper Towels: Clear room in other parts of your kitchen to accommodate additional paper towel and tissue supplies.
- Kitchen Towels: Organize and keep cleaning rags, dishcloths, and kitchen towels handy in this cabinet.
Seasonal Items and Special Occasions Storage in That Space Above the Refrigerator
You can store sporadic or seasonally-specific items in the little kitchen cabinets above the refrigerator:
- Holiday Decor: Until the Christmas season approaches, store your serving dishes, tablecloths, and decorations with care.
- Picnic Supplies: For warm-weather excursions, keep reusable plates, picnic blankets, and outdoor eating accessories organized and conveniently accessible.
- Special Serving Dishes: Set aside room for items meant for special occasions, like exquisite porcelain or sophisticated serving platters, and make sure they stay immaculate until they’re needed.
Regular Maintenance and Safety
To maintain the security and functionality of these cabinets over the refrigerator, keep the following in mind:
- Periodic Assessment: To keep your storage area neat and effective, regularly go through the contents of the cabinet and remove anything you no longer require.
- Safe Access: To guarantee safety and avoid mishaps, use a strong step stool or ladder to access objects from these cabinets.
- Heat-Sensitive Items: Use cautious when handling heat-sensitive products because the heat emissions from the refrigerator can warm the area above it.