Cher, the iconic singer, dancer, and actor, celebrated her 77th birthday on May 20, 2023. Known as the “Goddess of Pop,” Cher has had a legendary career in the entertainment industry and has always been a style icon. Here are some of her best fashion and beauty moments throughout the years:
- The Sonny and Cher Years: Cherilyn Sarkisian, known as Cher, rose to fame in the 1960s as one half of the husband-and-wife duo Sonny & Cher. They achieved success with hit singles like “I Got You Babe” and became TV stars with “The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour.”
- Silver Screen Siren: After separating from Sonny, Cher focused on her solo singing career and transitioned into acting. She received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress in 1984 and won the Best Actress Oscar in 1988 for her role in “Moonstruck.”
- Eighties Icon: In the 1980s, Cher had a musical comeback and embraced the bold and extravagant fashion of the era. She rocked huge hair and skintight outfits, showing off her incredible figure.
- Nineties Chart-Topper: Cher made a comeback in her 50s with the hit single “Believe.” She changed up her look with colorful wigs and continued to perform and tour.
- Modern Muse: Cher has remained in the spotlight and barely seems to age. She completed a three-year Vegas residency, released more music, and took part in various projects. She continues to inspire and influence the world of fashion and entertainment.
Cher’s career and style have made her an enduring and beloved figure in pop culture. She has proven that age is no barrier to success and that her talent and charisma are timeless.